Sunday, September 28, 2008

my little acrobat....

yes i have an amazing soccer player and one that is following in this footsteps and now i think God has blessed me with the next olympic gymnasts.
Update....tuesday morning i head to the doctor for my 25 week check-up. heart beat was good, blood pressure ok. everything looks good he said. he asked me if i was still anxious about delivery and i started to cry. he kept telling me to take care of myself and everything is going to be fine. he gave me another sonogram to let me see that she is ok. so after that i head home and things look good. tuesday night i had just got home from picking up some supper. before we started supper i head to the restroom and SHOCK. i had started spotting. i immediately called my doctor and spoke with the on call doctor. she has just had her baby early so i felt really confident in what all she was telling me. needless to say she told me if spotting got heavier or brighter in color go to labor and delivery. wednesday morning i got up and the color got darker all of a sudden. no to much more but darker. i called the doctor again and no doctors are in on wednesday so they told me to get to labor and delivery. eric and i get there around 8 and they immediately put on the monitors. no contractions, they found heartbeat but she would not stay still long enough for them to keep it on her. so they just monitered her heartbeat every other hour. i was not in the bed for 30 minutes and they told me dr. daniels was on his way up. he came in and told me that he thought it was just blood in my urine. after his exam he confirmed cervix was closed and that bleeding was coming from somewhere above. he ordered blood test and a sonogram. after blood was taken i was sent to the sonogram room. they studied her hard and i was very anxious so i asked them what exactly they were doing. they said they were watching her move. she said that she does not just move a arm she throws her whole body around. anyways they said everything was scaled that they were doing and she was the highest. ok so i felt alittle better that she was doing so good but still scared about the blood. they rolled me back to my room and my sweet mother had joined eric. yeah! company helps take your mind off of things. then about an hour after that my wonderful friend tonya and her sweet little precious, bella come to see me. she brought eric and i some magazines. how thoughtful. thanks again. i could hear dr. daniels outside at the nurses station for a long time and i was very anxious for him to come in. so finally around 2 he is there and pulls up a chair. i am so scared. he explains that the sonogram looks great. blood work shows an infection in urine so they are going to start iv. he explained that more than likely what is going on is that i have a leak in the after birth. can it be serious .. yes. but as of right now we were safe. he said at anytime the leak could become more and more blood would be lost and then we would worry. so doctors orders...complete bed rest. how sad. i asked him what that meant. he said bathroom breaks only. so i had to stay overnight for observation. my dad comes to see me then my mother in law brings my children to me. how great. they always make things better. garrett crawls into the bed with me and hangs out. then tonyas husband terry comes by and takes eric out for supper. very nice. then alison and aunt gaye stop by. alison hangs out with garrett and i think she helped ease his mind alittle. around 9 eric heads home with the boys because garrett is getting tired. so mom and i hang out. the next morning garrett and kathy get there around 8 because he had to have his mom. i had to get monitored for 2 hours and then if things were good..i was heading home. i got home around 3 that afternoon and i jumped straight into the shower. i was cleaning my ears after the shower and i jerked my hand and ruptured my ear drum. it bled for 2 days. eric talked to his doctor and he said just to clean with peroxide and put some neosporion on it. supper was provided by aunt gaye..taco soup. and then friday the nordans brought over bbq and some sides. thank God for wonderful family and friends. so i have sat and layed here on the couch for days. i thought it would be fun but now i am getting tired of it. well, yesterday morning i was laying on the couch and was amazed at watching arabelle and how far she was pushing out on my stomach. it was like she kept doing 2 back handsprings. right after that i went to the restroom and there it was again. blood. so the more she finds it appropriate to tumble the more blood i have. kinda upset, because i am sure that once dr. daniel finds out about this that i will have limited activity and possibly bed rest. so..pray for us. thanks again for all the calls, cards, visit and prayers. just keep praying. this is a scary time and i have to stay Strong for my kids and arabelle.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

You're in my prayers.....

Katie said...

We're praying for you guys. Let us know if you ever need us...I can always jump in the car and help out for a few days!